Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey anyone have their time with these reeds these rigotti gold before. If thy can mtch up to alexander quality with much lower price iwould love to get a piece of these reds. I mean they are calling themselves te worlds finest cane so i am very interested in buying some when i get some legeres.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't used these reeds myself, but my sax teacher plays on them and really says good things about their consistency. He can just pull a reed out of the box, subk on it for a few minutes, and it's good to go. I'm thinking of ordering a box myself next time the need for reeds arrives.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
4,466 Posts
What is this, the official spell wrong, type poorly and make up your own word thread??

Rigotti reeds are great but not cheaper than Alexanders

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009 &
1,270 Posts
What is this, the official spell wrong, type poorly and make up your own word thread??
lota thet gon aron :TGNCHK:;) Hi Thomas!:D

R

·
Forum Contributor 2012-2015
1,325 Posts
Yes Rigottis are cheaper than Alexanders. At wwbw Rigotti tenors are $26.99 for a box of ten. Alexaners range from $20.99 to 24.99 for a box of five.

·
Registered
447 Posts
These are really nice reeds. The sizing is a little different (Light, Med. Hard for every size). The sound is nice and buttery,full and clean. They are more expensive, but very consistent and long lasting. Roberto's Winds carries them.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,877 Posts
If anyone wants to try these let me know. I have a box of unplayed 3 strong for tenor that don't work for me .

PM here.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Where can I get some Alto reeds from?
WWBW only has blanks.
StanB

·
Registered
481 Posts
What strength in Rigotti Gold would match 3.5 Java for alto? They sound interesting but I 've wasted lots of money trying new brands over the years with strength differences.

·
Forum Contributor 2012-2015
1,325 Posts
Rigotti reeds alto and tenor reeds are available at wwbw. For some reason,if you only click on the alto reeds or tenor reeds link on the front page of their web site,only about half of the available products are displayed. If you type "alto sax reeds" or "tenor sax reeds" in the search box,a complete list will be displayed. The same goes for mouthpieces.

Does anyone know if these reeds are still in boxes of ten. The wwbw site says that they are,but the prices listed seem too good to be true. $21.59 for tenor and $20.00 for alto. That's about the same as OB ricos. I wasn't considering using these reeds again right now,but at those prices,I might have to think again.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,886 Posts
Does anybody know of a European store that carries these reeds? I am very curious to try then out.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,886 Posts
Just found one:

gulux.com

They accept paypal.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Rigotti reeds alto and tenor reeds are available at wwbw. For some reason,if you only click on the alto reeds or tenor reeds link on the front page of their web site,only about half of the available products are displayed. If you type "alto sax reeds" or "tenor sax reeds" in the search box,a complete list will be displayed. The same goes for mouthpieces.

Does anyone know if these reeds are still in boxes of ten. The wwbw site says that they are,but the prices listed seem too good to be true. $21.59 for tenor and $20.00 for alto. That's about the same as OB ricos. I wasn't considering using these reeds again right now,but at those prices,I might have to think again.
I ordered Tenor reeds from wwbw 2 months ago and still waiting for them. Certain sizes are sometime hard to get. wwbw are the cheapest I've found but you have wait forever. Roberto's has a good selection, but cost $41/box.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have played Rigotti Gold's extensively and recommend them highly. Robertos "house" reeds and Francois Louis are made by Rigotti, so they are of the same quality with slightly different characteristics.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Rigottis can be very hard to find. Woodwind and Brasswind has the best price, but their supply is inconsistent. This may be because Rigotti also makes Roberto's private label and Francois Louis'. Or not. They are very well made and extremely consistent. Some of us think they are the best reed out there. ( the Roberto's and FL's are also real good). They are different from Javas, ZZs, LaVoz, Alexander etc. so they may or may not work with a given mouthpiece or for an individual player...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
1,124 Posts
Could anyone be able to tell me how the strength relates to La Voz tenor reeds - or Van Doren? I play La Voz medium hard. Mike, you wrote it some time ago, you had these #3 reeds. Could you compare them to a strength in other reeds. And if they're still available I would be interested. But shipping 3 reeds to Amsterdam is a bit too silly.

Reine

·
Registered
923 Posts
Just had a scare concerning these reeds. The place where I normally buy my sax accessories told me that Rigotti Reeds were going out of production. The store's computer stated that they were being discontinued and the person on the phone interpreted that as being production for these reeds was ending.

After more web surfing and calls I found that to Not be the case!! Whew!!! I just started getting into these reeds; spent days trying to decide on a strength for my horns and then to get That kind of mis-information?!?!?!

Ok, I'm fine now..... Rant has ended.....

PEACE...... Shalom.....

1 - 20 of 64 Posts