Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what anyone's thoughts are on this lig, as I haven't seen much said about them. Thinking about trying one with my short shank Selmer Soloist, as my Francois Louis is a bit small and scratches it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,875 Posts
you probably mean Borgani Flexitone?

http://borgani.com/en/search/flexitone

there are a few threads about them, please before opening new threads do run a search , it is way better to continue an older thread than opening a new one.

When someone continues an older thread all the people with a subscription to that thread ( who obviously have an interest in the subject otherwise wouldn’t have answered the previous) will get an alert.

It this way you get way more attention for your posts than starting a new thread than in a few days will disappear from the current threads.

See these thread.

https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?161661-Borgani-Flexitone

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I was referring to the Rigotti. Probably similar, or maybe the same with a different badge. I was hoping more folks would weigh in, as there really isn't that much actual opinion on the playing characteristics of the ligs in the older thread. That's awesome that Lovano and Mark Turner played them, but I was hoping for more opinions of the lig. Also, if you want me to delete my thread and weigh in on the older thread, that leaves out any new viewers who saw mine but not the older one, right?

·
38,875 Posts

·
38,875 Posts
A long debate....
I used the Borgani flexitone (that looks exactly like the Rigotti)
It does great job and looks very cool.
With troubled (=warping) reeds, other ligatures are better in pushing the reed against the table and partially compensate the warping. I now use Absolute ligatures.

you cannot delete any thread that can only be done by the administrators.

As said above, continuing on an older thread has the potential of getting more interested people to answer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, my reason for opening this thread was to get more opinions than have been previously stated, sorry if I made a forum faux pas.

·
38,875 Posts
it is not a faux pas :mrgreen: , tons of New threads are opened where following up on an old one would have gotten better follow up.

The point of the archives is to use them both for reference or for continuing them. This keeps also information compacted. Opening new threads where others are already open dilutes even more information for future consultations.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts