Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm an alto sax player and I play a little of piano. My wrist started hurting badly a couple of weeks ago and now the pain has lessened much. A day or so before the pain started, I had to carry a heavy bass amp for about ten minutes. I was wondering where the probable source of pain came from. (The condition is slowly improving anyway.) I highly doubt it came from the sax, but who knows?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,228 Posts
Its possibile that you are injuring it doing tasks that weaken it, like typing too long on a computer keyboard, using a hammer all day, working at a cash register, ect. Picking up the amp might max out your tolerence, but is not necessarily the root of the problem. You should take a look at your habits through out the week including sax and see if thats possibile.

What alto are you on? If you are playing so the weight is on your right thumb alot of the time that could be a potentional problem.

·
Registered
866 Posts
There are hundreds of differential diagnosis for right wrist pain.
If there is no physical examination and further investigations done by any doctor, no one can tell you what is your problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts