Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a mouthpiece similar to a Rico Royal Metallite M7 that I played in high school, college, and on many successful auditions. I made a horrible mistake by loaning it to my former roommate at a time when I was playing mostly alto and tenor, and of course he lost it and they don't make the metallites anymore. I have messed around with lawtons, metal links, metal and HR bergs, and the SR tech pro I currently have and nothing has really seemed to capture the great all around qualities of the metallite. Does anyone have any ideas of mouthpieces I should try that may get me closer to the metallite?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a few brand new rico royal metalites laying around at home, tenor alto and baritone. If you are interested in buying them let me know

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,770 Posts
Find another Metalite. There's nothing else like it. Except, I hear, for the Brilhart LevelAire and the Runyon Quantum, although I've tried neither.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
If you get hold of an M9 I´ll swap it for my M7. And -no- I´m not selling the M7. I´m only letting the M7 go for a swap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts