Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchase a 1990's R13 and in the case was a Richard Hawkins (Zinner Blank) clarinet mouthpiece. It really plays really well with very little resistance. This piece is hand signed Richard Hawkins. What's the word on Hawkins pieces. I think this one is a keeper for me.

·
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There you have it....... I guess I'm on my own with this mouthpiece. I don't need you guys anyway....:crybaby:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi A Greene, I play Richard Hawkins MP's on clarinet and like them a lot. Is there a capital letter R or S or B stamped on it? B is an smoother quieter piece good for chamber music for example, while the R facing is louder and asks a little more control from the player. Great find!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Contributor 2010
1,502 Posts
There you have it, indeed. A Greene doesn't want to tell us anything about his Hawkins mpc! Huph.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
He has a fairly nice website. The B is supposed to be brighter than the R. B is based on a Ched and R a Ched/Kaspar hybrid and darker than the B.

·
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I sold the original piece. It was marked "S" and just ordered a "B" model. Richard Hawkins answered my e-mails within 5 minutes. That's customer service.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
This is another occasion for me to look at Hawkins mouthpieces :)
tempted to buy one sometimes...
but I would choose the R instead of B
It seems they are great mouthpieces

1 - 10 of 10 Posts