Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow SOTWers. I considering getting rhinoplasty (nose job). Purely cosmetic. (Yeah, yeah, my vanity knows no limits). Does anyone on the forum have first hand experience with this?? ie; the amount of downtime from playing required to heal, effects on tone, breathing etc.. I would sincerely appreciate your insights.
Thanks!
Tucan Sam

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,589 Posts
These are questions that are best answered by your plastic surgeon.
A lot would depend on how 'extensive' the job is, your age, and if you are a diabetic or smoke.
Being very happy with the nose that genetics blessed me with I can't give a good answer, but I would have to guess that you won't be able to play 'comfortably' for at least a few weeks.
Best of luck, and I hope all goes well! :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,732 Posts
As long as you don't play a 10M with the neck strap ring in the original position, I don't see why it should be an issue.

BTW, I think your nose looks just fine as it is.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2014
29,602 Posts
I know people who'll give you a nose job. One group is the Snobs, they don't charge, the other is Tony Soprano and Co, kinda a collateral "benefit."

·
Registered
659 Posts
I had sinus surgery done a year or so back and had to wait two weeks for my doctor visit post op. There was a lot of bleeding up there that had to clot up. They didn't want any nose blowing for at least those two weeks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Lol this thread brought a few questions to me.....I need rhinoplasty...I think that's what its called...I have a deviated septum and have never been able to breathe out of my nose....I've read that singers get that fixed and have better upper range because they can use more internal resonators....my girlfriend is a singer....well I'm curious if all that will change my sound....I'm finally geting...I guess happy...with my sound and I'm worried it will change after surgery.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol this thread brought a few questions to me.....I need rhinoplasty...I think that's what its called...I have a deviated septum and have never been able to breathe out of my nose....I've read that singers get that fixed and have better upper range because they can use more internal resonators....my girlfriend is a singer....well I'm curious if all that will change my sound....I'm finally geting...I guess happy...with my sound and I'm worried it will change after surgery.
Yeah me too I dig my tone. Maybe it'll change it in a good way? Anyone else any plastic surgeons on here??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts