Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted a new review and sound clips of the absolutely beautiful Macsax Jalapeño 8* tenor saxophone mouthpiece. The Jalapeño is a high baffled, extra-large chambered tenor sax mouthpiece that produces a bright focused tone that is still fat and full sounding. It has tons of power and projection for those rockin' live gigs you might be on. Check out the full review and sound clips below.........

Finger Communication Device Thumb Gadget Nail

·
Registered
365 Posts
They're really leaning into the Texas theme, ATX is commonly used as an abbreviation for Austin, and SoCo is a trendy neighborhood in town! SoCo is actually a slightly odd choice for a name, since I'm not sure it's very well known outside of Austin.

I'm not really looking for a new mouthpiece, but I would be tempted to try one if they had a hard rubber or plastic version, since the clips sound great, and I like high baffle pieces but need something that will tune well on my 10m (I tend to blow sharp).

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,985 Posts
They're really leaning into the Texas theme, ATX is commonly used as an abbreviation for Austin, and SoCo is a trendy neighborhood in town! SoCo is actually a slightly odd choice for a name, since I'm not sure it's very well known outside of Austin.

I'm not really looking for a new mouthpiece, but I would be tempted to try one if they had a hard rubber or plastic version, since the clips sound great, and I like high baffle pieces but need something that will tune well on my 10m (I tend to blow sharp).
I’d guess this would work fine as the chamber is HUGE

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’d guess this would work fine as the chamber is HUGE
Yes, it is big to begin with but the extra long window takes even more material from the chamber. That is part of what gives these pieces a unique sound in being so bright and powerful but much fatter sounding than Guardala type pieces I have played........

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
Baffle design looks very much like the old Dukoff D chamber, except for the longer window. Dukoff also had the chamber the same diameter as the cork bore. Of course this looks like a well made MP with quality control, and not made from Silly Putty.

I bet that's a good piece.

·
Registered
Primarily Tenor with occasional Alto
1,588 Posts
The owner Michael Crouch lives in Austin.

Reactions: saxonabike
1 - 8 of 8 Posts