Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I am reviewing the GetASax GS SLANT 7* tenor saxophone mouthpiece which is a very precise copy of a great original Florida Otto Link 7* Slant Signature tenor saxophone mouthpiece.

In my opinion, the GetASax GS SLANT tenor saxophone mouthpiece is a terrific tenor saxophone mouthpiece for those of you looking for a tenor mouthpiece with a tone that leans to the round warmer side of the tenor saxophone tone spectrum but can get a nice brightness when pushed. It is a great jazz mouthpiece that would be incredible for straight ahead jazz playing in my opinion.

Compared to a modern day hard rubber Otto Link, I find the GS SLANT to be far superior in tone, balance and playability to the modern hard rubber Otto Links I have tried out. I would imagine that most of that improvement comes from the hand finishing and specific attention given to the exact 10 point facing curve, tip rail, baffle and chamber design. Check it out!

Hand Gesture Finger Thumb Nail

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am interested in purchasing a Getasax GS SLANT 7* tenor saxophone mouthpiece. I haven't heard back from getasax yet. What is their return policy for mpcs? And any feedback about how this plays would be appreciated. Is it useful not only for jazz but how about funk, pop? Thanks!

·
13,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am interested in purchasing a Getasax GS SLANT 7* tenor saxophone mouthpiece. I haven't heard back from getasax yet. What is their return policy for mpcs? And any feedback about how this plays would be appreciated. Is it useful not only for jazz but how about funk, pop? Thanks!
Did you go to the review? I go into detail about how it plays and sounds as well as providing sound clips. I even answer the question about whether I think it would be good for louder funk and pop gigs………

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice review! I've been away from the mouthpiece scene for a while and amazed that there is innovation like this happening

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Does the world need another Link copy?

Reactions: nvilletele

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Reactions: Tryptykon

·
Registered
611 Posts
GetAsax also made a Freddy Gregory MarkII tenor mpcs based on that mouthpiece.
I bought it after I got the Reso and Slant from them.
I never saw it offered on their website, so they must have been experimenting at the time and perhaps just haven't released it.
I just took it out of the drawer to play today.

·
13,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GetAsax also made a Freddy Gregory MarkII tenor mpcs based on that mouthpiece.
I bought it after I got the Reso and Slant from them.
I never saw it offered on their website, so they must have been experimenting at the time and perhaps just haven't released it.
I just took it out of the drawer to play today.
How is it? I wonder how come they never released it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
611 Posts
I find the GAS FG MKII 7* is different from the Reso and Slant.

It projects more and it feels more resistant but I need to play it beside the other two for awhile to feel and hear the differance.

I looked back on emails with Brian from getasax and we were discussing the differance and he also couldn't really describe but said they were still working on it at time.

I was intrigued by their whole concept at the time, not to mention the very reasonable cost of these copies, that I purchased all three..talk about
GAS!

I do like the way they play especially the slant.

I hope I am not revealing any secret info that Brian related to me, but if he told me then perhaps it's okay to put it out there.

I can post a photo of the FG mkII beside the Reso and Slant if you like, and you can see the physical differences.

He also mentioned doing a Zimberoff House of Note mpc but when I inquired about a year later I didn't receive a response, so perhaps they haven't come that far with the idea.

I recently have been playing on a Otto Link EB 7* , the new one that was just released by JJ. Babbitt and I like it a lot.

Steve, you should do a review of that new OL EB as it would be great to hear your thoughts on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts