Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently received my 10mfan Daddy-O Ultem Alto 6 Mouthpiece and would like to share my feedback.

First, I paired this piece with a Java Red 2.5 reed, a Rover Dark ligature, and my 1937 Balanced Action.

The piece responds immediately. The tone is warm and consistent throughout the entire range. I am able to transition throughout the register of the horn without adjusting my embouchure much. In addition the horn projects.

One pleasant discovery is this piece plays in tune better than any mouthpiece I have ever played. The notorious middle D was surprisingly in tune. I found I do not have to lip the note to bring the horn into tolerance. Not having to adjust for a famously sharp note shocked me.

Another surprise is my C2 and C3 no longer exhibit a slight buzz. I was considering lining the B tone hole with fine sand paper to minimize the noise but I don’t hear the distortion on this mouthpiece. This applies whether I play softly or whether I play full out.

I was able to play altissimo with ease and the sound was not shrill.

Cosmetically the mouthpiece is incredible. The finish is amazing and I love the amber orange hue. Very cool.

All in all I feel great about making this investment. Give it a try!

·
Premium Member
15,477 Posts
Thank you, Michael!
I’m so glad this piece hit the spot for you.
The feedback continues to be exceptional in all my updated Generation ll pieces.
They play equally great in the hard rubber and Ultem.

I could not be happier that everyone is so pleased.
Thank you so much for posting.

·
SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
3,832 Posts
Got to take one through the paces, and these are great!! Beautifully crafted, a great sound...I very easily got the Cannonball vibe on this even though it's not really like a Meyer at all. Wonderful tone, excellent intonation, and the material feels great and plays great for me.

These are excellent mouthpiece at an absurdly low price. Ridiculous deal for anyone looking for a top end piece. Warm, full, medium focused but still with enough fatness. Carries well and is extremely flexible.

$299 is nuts. While other guys keep going up in price, you decided to go down. Thank you for that. It's refreshing to see a company do that in this day and age.

Props on the mouthpiece. Ultem is a great material!

- Saxaholic

·
Premium Member
15,477 Posts
Thank you, Bill.
Thank you for your review and I’m glad you dig the mouthpiece. My new craftsman and I made a lot of updates to better the pieces. I wanted the absolute best playability, I wanted the pieces to be as beautiful as anything that’s ever been put out there, and I wanted to make sure people could get into my mouthpieces without breaking the bank.
I see what others are charging, and I know this business as well as anyone out there. I know what mouthpieces cost to have made, I know what dealers need for their margins, and all of the rest....
I put the prices on my hard rubber pieces lower, and when I decided to offer my mouthpieces in this material also, I wanted to make these prices even less for players. A price that I think everyone can afford. These are handfinished and every single mouthpiece plays fantastic. Right now, all of this is a great recipe for success! Business has been absolutely booming with the lower prices, and it’s a great pleasure to have a craftsman who is reliable and responsible and gets me my mouthpieces the day after he sends my tracking number.
Everything is running as efficiently as could possibly be between the shop, my craftsman, and putting out great mouthpieces that get to my customers in a timely manner.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered one and cannot wait to get it!

·
Premium Member
15,477 Posts
Thank you, guys.
I’m so happy that everyone is loving the Generation ll pieces so much.
Brad, I can’t wait for you to get yours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts