Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate anyone sharing his experience with any (or both) of these recent copies of the Reso-chamber Otto Link mpc.
Thank you!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,048 Posts

·
Banned
2,814 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,278 Posts
Thanks G and im glad you are still enjoying it and the alto version.

Istan. Many botique pieces do not allow returns. I believe players deserve a trial period. Sax gear is too expensive and music too important. Im in the EU so no customs hassle. Let me know if you want to try one... If you dont like it send it back.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Phil tone intrepid definitely!!!

·
Registered
Selmer Balanced Action Tenor Saxophone, Powell Flute
3,554 Posts
I've played both and I'd recommend a Phil-Tone.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Intrepid - https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showt...amber-Chamber-reborn/page3&highlight=Intrepid

I have sold all my other mouthpieces (Link, Lamberson, Barone, Klum, etc.) of the last 40+ years (except those I use for classical playing), and play only the Intrepid on my current tenor.

I have lost any interest in trying other mouthpieces. That, for me, is really something.

Me too! . Since receiving my Intrepid tenor 4 months ago, all other MPs have remained in the drawer! - Not looking for another!

Thanks Phil

Blowhard2

Blowhard 2

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I had the chance to try several of Phil's mpcs in the last weeks and liked many of them ( i ended buying 3 mpcs from him although i did not wanted to buy anything). The Intrepid did sound great.
But what i really like is that Phil is not someone who is doing the kind of stupid endless repetition of advertising here like others do. He really is a very humble guy and i personally like that more than the behaviour of some of the carnival barkers on Sotw.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I had the chance to try several of Phil's mpcs in the last weeks and liked many of them ( i ended buying 3 mpcs from him although i did not wanted to buy anything). The Intrepid did sound great.
But what i really like is that Phil is not someone who is doing the kind of stupid endless repetition of advertising here like others do. He really is a very humble guy and i personally like that more than the behaviour of some of the carnival barkers on Sotw.
+1

·
Registered
847 Posts
+3 Phil was helpful in an e mail discussion of my requirements and delivered an Intrepid MP that "does the job" perfectly

·
4,744 Posts
Step right up!

Very true, and it may be a little to his detriment, but I wouldn't mind seeing a little more promotion from him on his products considering right now it's practically nil. I have a Mosaic and it's a great piece. I wouldn't hesitate to work with him in the future.

·
13,278 Posts
Step right up!

Very true, and it may be a little to his detriment, but I wouldn't mind seeing a little more promotion from him on his products considering right now it's practically nil. I have a Mosaic and it's a great piece. I wouldn't hesitate to work with him in the future.
Thanks guys...I have always been a firm beliver a product has the ability to sell itself. Hype is just hype and anything said by any maker ...including me, should be taken with a grain of salt...or a grain of bs if one sheets salt :)

I have never spent a dime on advertising and i dont intend to start. I suppose advertising works on some populations...madison ave proved that. However, i prefer to work with more enlightened souls with creative minds who think for themselves.

It please me to no end that players enjoy the Intrepid. It was a fortunate hapenstance that could not have turned out better if I had planned it. I always watch the markets and ebay. I have made the piece for a year and a half and A lot of these have moved through the door. To date I have seen three sold. That tells me a lot.

Thsnks agsin for your support and trust.

Phil

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Just listened to a promo clip of a very good player playing the Tru-Res and the altissimo sounded really hard to access. FWIW I have an Intrepid and the altissimo is huge and effortless. That clip alone would be enough to make me wary of the Tru-Res ....

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
..... and +1 for Phil being great to work with. Maybe it’s his background in mental health, but he seems to have a gift for listening and communicating in a way that makes you feel understood, relaxed, and happy all at the same time. I’m positive I’m not the easiest person to work with, but Phil is always understanding and open to input .... I think anybody open to WORKING with him to get what they’re looking for will find the process a positive one and the results top-notch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts