Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man this one hit me hard. I had the honor to work with him a good bit. Wonderful soul and amazing multi instrumentalist. Funkiest flute player I ever heard, and just smoked on keys and B3.

If you ever met him, even once, his presence is something that sticks with you.

Rest well my friend.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Sorry to hear of his passing and your loss of a friend. Sounds like my kind of guy, I’ll be looking him up to listen over the next few days.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,962 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,962 Posts
Thanks for sharing that Dr G. Been in a bit of a funk after the news.
Respect and compassion to you, Turnaround.

I didn’t know him, but got turned on to him through his performances with the Tedeschi/Trucks Band. He brought fire and spice to the stage - great musician.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,079 Posts
I was very, very sad to see the news about Kofi. He's been one of my heroes since the first time I heard him on an Aquarium Rescue Unit record in high school. His keys playing and flute playing have inspired the hell out of me for my whole adult life. I got to hear him with Derek Trucks' band and also with Karl Denson in the early '00s and he smashed... extremely nice guy, too. I've been very happy that the Tedeschi/Trucks band has been doing so well and that such a brilliant musician had such a great gig, but I wish I'd gotten to hear him more.

If you haven't checked Kofi out on record before, please do. He left us some brilliant musicianship.

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,530 Posts
Man this one hit me hard. I had the honor to work with him a good bit. Wonderful soul and amazing multi instrumentalist. Funkiest flute player I ever heard, and just smoked on keys and B3.

If you ever met him, even once, his presence is something that sticks with you.

Rest well my friend.
Another very incredible musician gone too soon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts