Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey SOTW! Im looking for any pictures of FAKE Yani s9030 sopranos!

I have just come upon an s9030 en route to me but the deal seemed a bit weird...

For years I've seen various websites openly advertising fake replica copies of Yani s9030s selling for $500 a pop.

The pictures on these websites are extremely low resolution and not very telling.

Ive seen alot of discussion here on the forum and other places on these fakes however I haven't seen any up close pictures posted showing what tell tale signs to look for.

If anyone has bought these saxophones or has actual pictures of them please post them to this thread or message me with them!

Did any of the earlier run s9030s have a Mark VI style black rubber plastic left hand thumb rest?

I know the last run s9030s had 2 metal thumb rests.. Including the left hand top thumb rest being metal, but was there an iteration with black rubber left hand thumb rest?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE! The sax just arrived, sure enough its 100% fake Yanigisawa 9030.

Im going to take some pictures of the horn and post them here so perhaps others will have a good resource to compare against.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
UPDATE! The sax just arrived, sure enough its 100% fake Yanigisawa 9030.

Im going to take some pictures of the horn and post them here so perhaps others will have a good resource to compare against.
I hope you have some form of buyer's protection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts