Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a Serie III alto yesterday and it came with a nice but cramped flight case.

Any suggestions on reasonably priced replacement cases? (the Selmer Light case is really nice, but overpriced)

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Shaped or suitcase configured? All storage on the inside or is outside OK? Something to carry back-pack style or does it matter. It all depends on what you're looking for. More details would be nice because there are a lot of cases out there. Practically any case will fit a III.

Just go to wwbw.com, finecases.com, pmwoodwind.com, etc. If you want more pockets, get a ProTec, if you want more room inside than your BAM /Selmer case and with outstanding protectiveness, get a Hiscox. I personally like the Selmer Ref case I have for my alto. I bought it "used" but as good as new at a fair price from a forum member, so just because a case is Selmer, don't overlook used/good as new cases.

When all else fails, look in the Cases area of the forum and/or google "Saxophone cases" ;).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congrats on the new horn!

Check this case out. It's the one comes with the serie II, has an optional cover & as I'm in the market for a case as well I know this is the best price on a new case of this model that I can find.

http://band-orchestra.musiciansfrie...s-Vanguard-Cover-for-Alto-Sax-Case?sku=467392

I'm undecided on a case for myself but if you buy something let me know via PM if you want to sell your orig. It may work for me.

Kevin

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
self-deleted

1 - 4 of 4 Posts