Sax on the Web Forum banner

Replacement case for a curved neck flute?

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Roger Aldridge 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a replacement case for which my Yamaha flute (C foot) with a curved Yamaha after-market neck can fit. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Roger

#2 ·
Not to unnecessarily hijack the thread, but on the same note:
Anybody know of a reasonably priced pochette case for flute...particularly if it comes with a cover and has a real hinge (not just a plastic web like the new Yamaha cases).

#3 ·
As to the curved case, do you need it to also hold a straight head? Emerson and Gemeinhardt both have them. If it only needs a curved head, you can take a standard C foot case, cut out the divider by the barrel, leave the head and crook on the body and twist it so the head lays in the normal head nesting.
As far as the french style case, I have them with a vinyl covered plastic shell, green lining, hinges, button latches $35 shipped. Add $20 for a cover with outside pocket. Next is a woodshell vinyl covered, dark blue velvet with wood blocks to glue in for model. Hinge is the covering, button latches. $40 shipped, add $25 cover with shoulder straps (removable). Top line is the leather US one like Powell and everyone in Boston uses. Black with teal green lining $155 shipped, add a Cavallaro cover $40.
I may have some of these used and I know I have a used one that also has a piccolo spot.

#4 ·
Bruce,

Do you have an Emerson case having spaces for both curved and straight head joints? That could work for me as I still have the flute's original straight head joint. If you can help me with this please send the price info.

Thanks much!

Roger

#5 ·
I did a quick check and found that WWBW sells a Gemeinhardt model 2SPCH replacement case for about $50. It has spaces for both curved and straight head joints. This should work fine for me so I went ahead and ordered it.

#7 ·
Thanks Bruce! I appreciate your help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.