Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my reeds has a split. So I cut a small piece of OPSITE FLEXIGRID and pasted over it. It lasted me for a few more practices.

OPSITE FLEXIGRID is really thin and it is moisture vapour permeable.
 

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
Joined
·
5,528 Posts
Yep,

This stuff appears to be a surgical grade acrylic polymer cured with ethyl acetate. The biggest hazard (which may be De minimis) would come from ingestion or inhalation of uncured ethyl acetate and/or un-evaporated carrier solvents such as acetone and dimethyl ether. Absorption through the skin or sub-dermal tissue should be extremely limited. Thus it makes an excellent topical treatment. The toxicity should be fairly low for saxophone reed applications as long as the material is allowed to completely cure before using the reed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Eviroguy for your reply.

I only post about what I have done from my experience with split reeds.

I will like to add that it has not been proven to be safe, and so, please use at your own risk.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top