Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I need to find a good repair shop in Atlanta. I will be passing through there on tour, and I need some adjustments done on my alto flute. Any reccomendations? Thanks for the help,

Tom Luer
www.tomluer.com

·
Registered
242 Posts
I would try Wil Grizzle or Sam Skelton at Carere Music in NE Atlanta (just outside the perimeter). I played a VI tenor awhile back that had been overhauled by these guys and it was fantastic.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,813 Posts
There's also King Repair in Decatur -- nice guys that are sax players themselves. And much more "in the perimeter". They've always done fine work for me:

143 Barry St
Decatur, GA 30030
(404) 373-1050

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,813 Posts
bkiser said:
I would try Wil Grizzle or Sam Skelton at Carere Music
Sorta off topic, but Sam Skelton is just a monster player. Anybody in Atlanta get the chance to see him, do it. Of course, if you're also a sax player, he'll make you feel like you've got chump chops in comparison.:(

·
Registered
242 Posts
If you are up around Marietta, Charles Fail does nice work as well. He is much more into vintage American horns, it seems....Conns, Martins, Bueschers.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I had done some research online, and found Carere. Good to know they have a couple of good techs there. I am going to head over there today or tomorrow. Thanks again!
Tom
www.tomluer.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts