Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since H&H shut down I have been unable to find a repair shop or music store in or anywhere near Houston. Anybody know of one? I would really like to find a place that carries Paris Selmers. I know of ONE repair shop in town, and the guy can't even play saxophone (***?). I would be willing to travel as far as Austin, Waco, etc. (<3 hours away).

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I stopped by his shop, but he seemed more interested in my pocket book than actually addressing the problem with my horn...

·
Forum Contributor 2011-2015
1,874 Posts
Are we talking about Fleming in Houston? I have had an excellent experience with them so far. They did some custom key work on my Super 20. I have a very clean Selmer T100 in there now getting all new pads and setup. I also purchased a Series II tenor from them. I just wish I had discovered Ed and his team a year ago!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,875 Posts
Ed's a good guy and does good work.

I know a guy who does good work (used to work for Ed) and now runs his own shop out of his house/garage in the Heights. He's cheaper too, especially if you pay cash.

http://inhorn.com/

78 Posts
Hey guys, I'm aware this thread is almost 10 years old, but I wanted to let you know that Fleming Instruments is still here and working to keep you playing! We've grown a lot in the past years as well. If you haven't had a chance to swing into the shop, we hope to see you soon!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts