Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm a freshman in high school and I've been playing sax since 6th grade, I haven't really been having problems until recently with my sax with learning new things and noticing I couldn't really do much. I've gotten repairs so I can play properly now but the saxophone is old and ugly. Should I get it cleaned by a pro or should I get a new one whenever I can. Since I was young and never taught how to manage a sax I never really cleaned it which I regret and which my BD taught us to do but whatever. It has that green rust stuff and the pads may need replacing. The neck cork for sure needs replacing but I can wait on that so I do not want to get the neck repaired since it was already fixed on its last check up. Other than wanting to get it cleaned and making it look close to decent there's not much else I want. Also is there any way to clean a Yamaha neck strap, just finished marching band season and it got quite sweaty.

Sax brand is Selmer Bundy II Alto Sax, I feel like its a cheap one :(

Any who have a great evening, replies are much wanted and any tips for a freshman are welcomed! Play your hearts out!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts