Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone
sometimes there is this nervousity that i cant control , last week end we had a gig
at the beginning i was very sharp but it took me time to get used so , what do i need to do to get rid of it and make myself relax :|

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
631 Posts
music is always about our own expression. dun be distracted by the audience, they are part of the participants of the musical journey. it was and never is a competition or comparison.
say your piece, your way, with what you have, not what you dun have.
enjoy the journey!!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Listen to Zamphir. His Pan flute justs floats me away on a candy colored cloud of bliss ...sigh............................. APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Listen to Zamphir. His Pan flute just carries me away on a candy colored cloud of bliss....sigh................APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
hey everyone
sometimes there is this nervousity that i cant control , last week end we had a gig
at the beginning i was very sharp but it took me time to get used so , what do i need to do to get rid of it and make myself relax :|
Some of us will always get nervous. With experience comes confidence. The worst thing you can due to yourself is have a couple of beers to relax. If you start using alcohol, even a few beers, you won't be able to relax without this crutch. You will need more and more alcohol or another drug to arrive at a feeling of relaxation. Many performers start with just a couple of beers to relax. The number of alcoholics or drug adicts among musicians is staggering. Don't go there.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I had a "gig" last night where I had a solo that I wasn't too comfortable playing yet. It just didn't sound ready to me yet, but the deadline was here. I stood up when the solo came, didn't look at anyone, and just tried to be as relaxed as possible and play it. It came out fine. Not as good as it SHOULD'VE sounded, but everyone around me complimented me on it.

Just relax, forget the audience is there. Sure, my stomach felt like I just got shot but I did it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts