Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some of these from WWBW 5 yrs ago, just to try them out because they were so darn cheap. They were seriously like the same price as Rico orange box and were NOT on sale/closeout, which seemed odd. I only tried like 2 out of the box and put them away since they weren't so great for me at the time. I just re-discovered them and they're seriously the best reeds I've ever played. 3 of the last 3 that I tried have been pretty much perfect, so I'm already at 30% playability for the box.

I see that Roberto's Winds carries them, but does anybody else? They're like $24/box of ten which isn't unreasonable, but I thought I shld check before ordering. I think I paid less than 15$ 5 yrs ago. If somebody knows, please let me know. :)

I did a quick google and SOTW search and I hardly see these being mentioned. I can't recommend them enough. Apparently they're made by Rigotti. They have a quick, bright and lively aspect similar to Superials, but w/ some more resilience and blow-back. Longevity is pretty good too.

-Dan

·
Registered
197 Posts
i use them for 2 years now on my Tenors. I know of a lot of others here in Germany using them. They are not cheap, a 10 ten piece box will cost nearly 28 Euros. But i prefer them if i compare them with Ricoh's and Van Doren.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts