Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the 5th edition to the reference to bird series? i have been looking for it online today because a selmer rep that I met at sam houston state last night mentioned what it was, but I cannot remember. I think he told me dragon or something but I have not found any answers online. I'm just kind of curious at this point.....

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,144 Posts
You're talking about the "Tribute to Bird" series from Selmer?
The 4th edition was called the "Firebird", released in 2009, but I don't see any evidence that a 5th edition has been released yet. You might ask someone who has been to the latest NAMM show though. It's possible that it's just been released, or is still in pre-release mode, but hasn't made it onto dealers websites yet. I didn't see any mention of it on the Selmer website either.

Edit:
I just saw something on the Kessler & Sons website which indicated that the Firebird has been replaced by the "Jubilee" as of Jan, 2011. The Jubilee seems to represent the most recent design changes to the Super Action 80 Series II & Series III saxophones. I'm still not sure if that constitutes the 5th edition of the Tribute to Bird series though, as the previous 4 versions were appropriately named after birds (whether real or mythological).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts