Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I change my tenor some months ago. I used to have an old Conn (1922) and i bought a 2002 Reference 36. I got an issue. from the G (octave) to the E (palm key) there is a low buzz (is the low frequency of each note). I sent it to the luthier. He open up the pipe holes, open the key-work and recently I change my early babbit otto for a jazz model of phil barone (number 8). I can´t find a solution. I´m starting to think that is a neck issue. Somebody knows something about this?! I´ll really appreciate some help.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have tech opened an octave pip on the neck to the same diameter as my Yanagisawa 991 - that helped a lot. Also I think you may need to voice differently on Ref 36. But what a beautiful tone.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have tech opened an octave pip on the neck to the same diameter as my Yanagisawa 991 - that helped fix pa key response for me. Also I think you may need to voice differently on Ref 36. But what a beautiful tone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you very much! I´ll open more the octave pipe and see. It´s been a mind trouble this, but I´m starting to love my reference.
Thanks!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts