Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a used Meyer 7 that came with my bari that I think has potential to sound good, but seems to leak spit from the reed and possibly needs the table fixed. Does anyone have a recommendation for a refacer on the left coast? In the meantime, I use a JJ Classic 7 that i think sounds good and plays well.

·
Banned
624 Posts
I bought a new Meyer 7M alto piece and thought it was pretty decent for a new store-bought mpc, but I think the baffle profile felt "restrictive." Maybe this is better for a student? Anyway my point is that I felt it might be improved upon by reducing the baffle/opening the bore a bit. If it was a tad more free-blowing it would be better. Maybe something to consider if you're going to have the table fixed.

·
Registered
304 Posts
This page at Theo Wanne's web site includes some guys on the left coast.

Although I live in the Seattle-Tacoma area, I've not had the pleasure of working with any of the local refacers. I have had work done by Keith Bradbury, Dave Jary, and Erik Greiffenhagen, and can attest to the workmanship, quality, and good service from each of them. Send me a PM for details.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the recommendations. After checking all over this forum, I just had John Reilly in LA do the job for me - very quick turnaround and good work at a very reasonable price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts