Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gota HR Otto Link, i noticed that the rails arent exactly even (in width) and its basically stock, straight out of wwbw warehouse, i heard a lot about inconsistancies in otto links and im wondering how much it would cost to get it refaced and who in New Jersey could do it (or close?)

is it even worth it or should i just buy a totally brand new mouthpiece, basicalyl i want to get a good one that can pretty much last and satisfy me forever or a LONG LONg time

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
getting it refaced will be cheaper and more efficient than ordering a new one and hoping.

Mouthpiece guys, Ed Zentera, Mojo, the list goes on and on.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Erik(mouthpiece guys) just finished a HR bari link for me. He told me over the phone that it puts out a ton more sound and is more responsive.. I'm excited. I love the Link core, especially on bari, but it was really lacking in projection. He opened it up from ~.100 to .110 and maximized the baffle along with the normal reface. I'll let you know how I like it compared to stock if that would be interesting.

To answer your question, if you want a piece you'll really like and you think the HR Link is close to what you want, it would be good to talk to a refacer. Give them all the information about your needs as possible. Maybe even pick up another Link on the marketplace for cheap and send that one in, so you aren't out your primary piece if you don't like the result.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,305 Posts
saxcow91 said:
is it even worth it or should i just buy a totally brand new mouthpiece, basicalyl i want to get a good one that can pretty much last and satisfy me forever or a LONG LONg time
I really think messing around with your main piece is a bad idea. Get a new one and send it off.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Erik did a great job on my bari Link. Or at least it looks like it.. I haven't gotten to play it yet :( . The rollover baffle is much more pronounced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts