Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What reeds are you using on your CF plus Clark Fobes piece?

I think Clark recommends a V12 31/2. For me as a double a 3 works better. I have 31/2 and 4 's too but find them pretty unyeilding.

Clark makes great pieces. I have his RR bass piece and just ordered an Eb piece. I like the fact it only comes in one lay to stop one procastinating.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I use #4 on mine. I have used V12, Rico Reserve classic and Rico Grand Concert Thick. Once I break them in they all work very nicely. If anyone is interested, Clark also has his own line of reeds.

His stuff is top notch. I use his bass and Eb mouthpieces and love them. They are all very reed friendly, with a comfortable resistance, great core to the sound. Intonation and response is terrific. I can't say enough good about them.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
On Eb I have used 3.5-4 strength in regular Vandorens and VD White Masters. For the White Masters, I clip the butt end slightly so it fits. Either works well, but are slightly different feeling.

·
Banned
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankyou. Clark emailed me yesterday and said he made them to go with the White Masters. I have no experiance of German reeds. Are they narrower to fit the Eb piece? Thanks

BTW What Eb are you playing? I asked the Eb man at Howarth here and he rated the Patricola over the Buffet.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
The WM reeds are slightly narrower than standard Bb reeds. I have an old Selmer Series 9 Eb that I picked up years ago for a great price. It is a great instrument and is very comfortable to play. I have not played the Patricolas, but hear good things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts