Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where in Zurich can I find a good selection of reeds for soprano sax? In particular, I'm looking for synthetic reeds: Legere, Fibracell or Bari.

Thanks

·
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Are there really no leads out there for a store in Zurich in which I can find reeds?

·
Registered
201 Posts
There's also Musik Jeklin nearby, basically around the corner from Musik Hug. About three or four years ago or so they phased out their woodwind sales, concentrating on pianos and guitars and such, but at least until '07 they still carried woodwind supplies, especially reeds. I don't know if that's still the case, but both at Jeklin and Hug you could occasionally find very good deals on reeds, and sometimes Hug also has real finds (steals) in terms of used mouthpieces. Don't bother asking for advice at Musik Hug: the sales personnel is clearly hired for their looks, and their woodwind tech is an arrogant jerk who they try to keep in the back.... When you see something you like, grab it, take it to the register, and run....

I wonder if you're not better off purchasing reeds online, for example at www.ekle.de; I can't remember that I ever had to pay any sort of import tax. But then again, I would purchase at least a 6-month supply of reeds whenever I was in the US on business or vacation.

Good luck!

-j.

·
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts