Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I play a meyer 5 small chamber on alto and was looking for some reed recommendations. I have played on vandoren green javas for quite some time, but to be honest, are tired of them. They seem to play ok at first, but tend to die off pretty quickly. I recently tried some Alexander DC reeds (strength 3.5) and are liking them so far. Does anyone have any other reed recommendations? Also, are the Alexander DC reeds ideal for a meyer setup?

Thanks.

·
Registered
179 Posts
You play with the combo I ended up with too, or at least close: Phil-Tone Custom Meyer 6m and Alexander Superials and DCs. Perfect for my Selmer SA80 Ser II in my opinion!

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist / Forum Contributor 2
4,202 Posts
The only Vandoren reeds I have ever gotten on with for an extended period of time are the ZZ's. You might try Hemke's. I have had great success with them on alto.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Hi,

I play a meyer 5 small chamber on alto and was looking for some reed recommendations. I have played on vandoren green javas for quite some time, but to be honest, are tired of them. They seem to play ok at first, but tend to die off pretty quickly. I recently tried some Alexander DC reeds (strength 3.5) and are liking them so far. Does anyone have any other reed recommendations? Also, are the Alexander DC reeds ideal for a meyer setup?

Thanks.
I use Legere Signature #3 on my Meyer 5. It's synthetic but sounds like cane. I also use the Legere Studio cut.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I agree; the Legere Studio cut or Hahn synthetics could also be nice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts