Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,302 Posts
Beware of marketing hype!!

But, for $15,00 or so, you can find out . . . and tell us.

Me? I think dried cane reeds will warp regardless, so I put mine in a reed-guard and wet them well the next time I use them. THAT takes the warp out. DAVE

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dave Dolson said:
Beware of marketing hype!!

But, for $15,00 or so, you can find out . . . and tell us.

Me? I think dried cane reeds will warp regardless, so I put mine in a reed-guard and wet them well the next time I use them. THAT takes the warp out. DAVE
Hay, I invented and was awarded a patent for ReedPro. Just received a very big order from Woodwind and Brasswind http://www.wwbw.com/ so I googled “reed pro reed holder” and came upon SOTW. I have not advertised for years so I lol to “marketing hype”. I have no advertising budget. My girlfriend is always amazed that I still get orders for my reed holders.

As a fulltime professional performer in the Washington DC area, I’ve had little time for marketing. I don’t even market myself (get my work through the local talent agencies and other musicians). I need to market myself because I need the money. In the last few years, many musicians around here have seen work dry up. Seems folks have no taste and just hire a DJ for their event.

For details on Reed Pro check out my very crappy underdeveloped web site http://www.gotim.com. While there take a look at Score Card. It’s a guide I developed to help musicians understand the relationship between their instrument and all the other instruments. I like to think of it as the periodic table for music.

BTW no reed holder is a miracle cure for you reeds. Reed Pro is just a good tool for adjusting, polishing, and storing your valuable reeds.

REED PRO uses Equa-Foam to hold reeds in place. Equa-Foam allows reeds to dry evenly. With other reed holders the tip (because it is thinner) dries out first, causing the reed to warp and the tip to scallop. Reeds stored in REED PRO with Equa-Foam stay flater. Wavy tip effect is greatly reduced. This homogeneous drying method extends reed life by reducing stress and improving reed performance.

Use the flat outer surface of REED PRO for: 1) Sealing and polishing the reed; 2) Adjusting the tips and rails; 3)Resurfacing the table (a flat table is essential for maintaining the seal between the reed and mouthpiece). This outer surface can also be used as a reed working table when using knives, files, Dutch rush, etc.

REED PRO comes with a cylindrical outer case that protects your reeds and allows you to choose a moisture level.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Heh. I'm buying one.

Coming in the mail!!

I'll let you know...although it does look very nice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts