Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one with the black leather covering, marked Selmer USA. Inside padding is in great shape, there are a few scuffs on the outside leather. Wondering what these are worth. Fits a Mark VI perfectly with zero play, but I am not sure of the vintage of the case. I am getting a flight case for my horn, and I don't have the space to store this (rather large) case, so I may look to sell it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,885 Posts
interesting that it fits a mark VI perfectly but still, it will never be a mark VI case which a collector may want for display purposes (but it isn’t a mark vi case and it is scuffed which disqualifies the item to a collector), if you would want to offer this to someone that uses the case you have to bear in mind that he may buy a new case as you are doing and have an equal if not better fit.

So, yes, there will be someone to buy it but it will be because it is dead cheap.

The ideal buyer is someone like me who buys and sells some horns and has bought a horn without a case (but I am not in the market to buy cases overseas because I am not going to finance the postal services or the taxman, because we pay value added tax on anything from outside the EU).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts