Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years ago I heard some clips of David Bilger playing the Schumann Romances (originally), but I can't find the CD actually available anywhere online, or even really any references to them. Does anyone know if the CD is just out of print or if it's possible to find the recordings anywhere online? From what I remember, the clips sounded beautiful and I'd love to hear the full CD. Thanks!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/ Forum Contributor 2011
2,574 Posts
I have both of his albums on cassette tape, but no way to transfer them to digital media. Willing to send to someone in return for mp3s or a CD.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nevermind, sorry for the posts, just found it on Dornpub (feel kind of silly finally stumbling on it immediately after posting new thread).

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hello, awholley

Please let me know if you find someone who can make the transfers. I have three David Bilger cassettes and would love to have them on mp3 or CD. In fact, I wrote to his son, Dan, about two years ago but he stated there were no plans to have these cassettes nor the great David Bilger instructional VHS tape converted to CD and DVD, respectively.

BTW, the CD entitled "Bilger" from Dorn is excellent. His death was a real blow to saxophone lovers world-wide...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts