Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hi Louis, I am just down the road from you in London. That track is brilliant! You've got a really strong tone, reminded me of some of the American avant-garde players from the 1960s. Everything is exactly right and I love the 'live' drum sound, the room ambience really adds to the character of the track. And it sounded really full, belying the fact that it is only two instruments.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Louis, I am just down the road from you in London. That track is brilliant! You've got a really strong tone, reminded me of some of the American avant-garde players from the 1960s. Everything is exactly right and I love the 'live' drum sound, the room ambience really adds to the character of the track. And it sounded really full, belying the fact that it is only two instruments.
Hi Ian, thank you for your kind comments! I'm actually living in London most of the time as I've just started at Trinity Laban in Greenwich :)

I love to play with just drums (standards or completely free) and do so all the time. There is so much freedom and I can hear more ideas, especially rhythmic ideas, than I do playing in a quartet. It's also great when you play with a particular drummer so much that you really lock in together.

Thanks again :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
That's really good, are you on the jazz course or the classical saxophone course?

If you are interested, in the classical section of this forum I have posted details of a one day saxophone festival I am organising with Kyle Horch in Notting Hill on Saturday, 4th June. Here is the thread:

http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?237776-Day-Saxophone-Festival-4th-June-2016-London

There are 4 classical recitals, then an EWI set which has some pieces by jazz composers and finishing with a jazz saxophone/accordion concert.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's really good, are you on the jazz course or the classical saxophone course?

If you are interested, in the classical section of this forum I have posted details of a one day saxophone festival I am organising with Kyle Horch in Notting Hill on Saturday, 4th June. Here is the thread:

http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?237776-Day-Saxophone-Festival-4th-June-2016-London

There are 4 classical recitals, then an EWI set which has some pieces by jazz composers and finishing with a jazz saxophone/accordion concert.
I am on the jazz course, don't really play any classical but I probably should haha. Thanks for the heads up I'll check this out :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.