Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Here's a new video of me and my friend Joe Schmidt (tenor sax) playing a duo version of "Recorda Me." Let me know what you think, and I hope you enjoy it!

#makejazzfunagain

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,705 Posts
He's great and your piano chops are great. Im glad you have memorized. He shouldn't need a stand. Sounds like he has it internalized. He's got lots of chops, like his tone and ideas. You are really good on piano. K

·
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's great and your piano chops are great. Im glad you have memorized. He shouldn't need a stand. Sounds like he has it internalized. He's got lots of chops, like his tone and ideas. You are really good on piano. K
Thanks so much! He wasn't reading a chart for this tune - the stand was there from some other stuff we were playing that day.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Love the intervals at the start of his solo. And such a beautiful tone. Bossing it on the piano! Think you both got the feel of this song down really nice, keeping it quite in your face.

·
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Love the intervals at the start of his solo. And such a beautiful tone. Bossing it on the piano! Think you both got the feel of this song down really nice, keeping it quite in your face.
Thanks! Glad you liked it. I think it's really important for saxophonists (or any improvisers) to learn at least some basic piano playing- it really helps!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts