Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for 45 years i've played a buescher for my own pleasure. it's always been hard to blow. due to health problems i need to find something easier. i do not want to spend a fortune, and my knowledge in this area is close to zero. any suggestions for something that will play passable blues?

·
Registered
552 Posts
princeganon said:
you'd probably be much better off changing your mouthpiece/reeds before switching saxes.
Aggreed - but if you must change the most easy blowing sax I have played is a keilwerth SX90-R

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
jmm1713 said:
Aggreed - but if you must change the most easy blowing sax I have played is a keilwerth SX90-R
I second the Keilwerth!!!!!!!!Easy blowing the Rs and staight tone hole SXs.

·
Distinguished Member
935 Posts
I would definitely recommend taking your horn to a tech and checking out your mouthpiece reed set up first. I play all Buescher horns currently and I think they are very easy to play. A while ago there was a pull on the most free blowing horn and the Big B came in pretty high on the list.
Which model Buescher do you have? What is your mouthpiece and reed set up?
Keilwerth are great, and possibly easier to blow, but cost something like $4000 new (or you can buy my used one for $2,500 ;) ). I'd imagine, if your Buescher is an early aristocrat (pre 350,XXX) it could be an excellent horn for a couple hundred bucks of repairs.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,183 Posts
I'll second or third a couple of the comments. If you hadn't said that you had a Buescher, one of the 140 or 141 model altos or a 156 tenor would have been very high on the list. You should see a good tech and experiment with some mouthpiece/reed changes.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2014
26,407 Posts
The Buescher shouldn't be any harder to blow than any other horn, with a comfortable mpc/reed set up. You're probably leaking. One little tiny itsy bitsy leak in the "right" place can work you like a trojan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts