Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
I am really new in SOTW and this is my first post, i joined in because during my reserch on C melody sax's i stumble many times in this web site, and after some reading of posts i really thought "this people really now some things" :) .
So i recently bought this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170796679098&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160
(you have to stop the loading so see the pictures)
It cost 400$
What do you think?Bad?Good?Any deffects?Over Priced?What is the plating?

I know that i should asked this before winning the auction, but the warm is done.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Looks nice....but seems to be missing the neck screw!

Are you playing in a band, or just "fooling around" with it?
Might not fit in with a band, but opinions will defer.

Not necessarily "over priced" if the rebuild is any good, IMO.
You state it cost you $400, but I see $305 + $25. Where did the other $70 go to?

Just enjoy the horn.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw that the neck screw was missing and i contacted the seller, he said that he put another screw neck.
The lyre support is also missing, he said that the previous owner cut it off(is that suspect of any thing?)
Any other visible defects?

I have classes of saxophone( my objective is some day being able to play jazz) and i want to fool around too, and being able to play with friends that play other instruments but transposing things is really boring so i decided to buy a C melody(since they arent very expensive).

I do not live in america but the seller did ship to Portugal, and the 25$ where for US.It cost me 95$ do ship it here.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Para quem está começando não foi mau negócio. Esses saxes mais antigos tem teclas menos ergonômicas que os de 1960 em diante, mas a embocadura é a mesma e você pode ver se gosta da coisa sem investir muito.
Se gostar, pode comprar um tenor ou alto depois.
Outra vantagem é poder tocar sem transpor.

Boa sorte.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
É bom poder falar Portugues:)
Eu já toco e tenho um sax alto, o Buescher era só para não ter que transpor e para tocar com o pessoal e brincar um bocado.
Mas quanto ao estado?
Tem algum cvsimson?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,429 Posts
sardine: Welcome to SOTW. I have a Buescher C-Mel similar to the one you linked, although my serial is higher. Still, mine has the button G# and no front F, like yours. And, mine is finished about the same as yours. The finish is silver-plate. I also have a favorite Buescher TT alto of the same vintage and I prefer it over all of my other altos.

I use alto, tenor and C-Mel mouthpieces on mine. In fact, today i was playing it, using an alto Brilhart Ebolin 3 mouthpiece (for the first time on this horn). It seemed to be the best combination I've come across yet.

I don't know about the value . . . there is a small group of C-mel lovers here on SOTW and they love theirs. But frankly, there is little music to play in an ensemble. True, you can sure entertain yourself with one of those horns - and read melodies off of piano music, if reading music is what you need to do. I just find transposing saxophones so much easier with the music I play (improvised old-tyme jazz). Enjoy your new acquisition. DAVE

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Sardinha,
Eu tenho 2 bueschers, um parecido com esse, mas em gold plating e o outro com a tecla F na frente e o G com rolete.
Tenho também o buescer tenor e alto que estão no meu avatar. O pequenino é um King C soprano.
O C melody é o que eu toco mais. Levei um tempo para achar a boquilha certs, que dá boa entonação e afinaçāo. Use o search aqui no forum para ver as discussões sobre boquilhas para C melody.

Abraço,

Cristiano

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks cvsimson and Dave Dolson for all the support.
I already put my post in the right place.
I cant wait for play my new sax :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
18,947 Posts
It's not a bad price assuming, as AmandasDad says, the rebuild was done well and the horn plays up and down.

Welcome and enjoy !

... why would a Portuguese guy end up in Kansas.....?????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts