Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to start a panic, but the forum appears to be slowly collapsing upon itself. New glitches are popping up daily. I have tried to contact VerticalScope and the tech crew about this, and am still awaiting a reply. The staff has taken notice of the fact that the VSADMIN tech account hasn't been accessed for about five days straight now. I contacted forum founder and former owner Harri Rautiainen to see if he still has any access to the top tier permissions in order to fix, or at least ID, some of these problems.All we can do is wait for now.

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,550 Posts
Does someone need to "go all bandmommy" on these guys? 😡😋

·
Premium Member
13,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does someone need to "go all bandmommy" on these guys? 😡😋
Very possibly, and to a greater degree than we are letting on. It's not looking good right now guys. I'll keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Maybe it's because I'm not using the forum to its fullest extent, but I've not noticed any problems recently - what are the main symptoms?

·
Premium Member
13,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Numerous, and ever increasing. Many are being reported and discussed in the Forum Problems sub forum. There are also multiple issues with the back of the house that we can't and shouldn't itemize here, but will lead to pretty hefty problems for everyone if not immediately fixed.

We are openly discussing it with the membership in the event that the forum goes completely tips up.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
To be fair, it was a national holiday this past weekend in Canada, where VerticalScope is based. That said, I'd have expected everyone to be back to work on Tuesday. Assuming many of that firm's forums were affected by whatever internet glitch was introduced last week, and not just SOTW, it's possible that they're triaging the problem now beginning with their largest forums, and will get to us before too long.

It's also possible that the firm has indeed collapsed, and the entire SOTW archive will soon be lost to the ether, as I first feared when Harri sold the site. However, this press release from July 3rd suggests that VerticalScope is still alive and kicking: https://www.verticalscope.com/about-us/Press-Release-VerticalScope-Acquires-fixya.pdf.

Regardless, I wonder how hard it would be to arrange for an institution like the Library of Congress or Library and Archives Canada to keep a backup of the archives for posterity? After all, it's our knowledge base which we collectively created.

·
Premium Member
13,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, we took into consideration the holiday factor, however it has been five days and counting. It is looking increasingly like there my be more to this than a few casual days off. Time will tell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts