Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I recently picked up the Real Book Eb 6th edition but I'm lacking the backing tracks. Right now I just search for the songs on youtube and play along. Anyone know where I can obtain these tracks? The download I found for the real book itself did not contain the backing tracks. Thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok cool. For sure sounds worth it, be it the listed price or discounted. I'll keep my eye on ebay/craigslist. Thanks again man.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
They should. Not cool man.
You guys are too funny, previous to the 6th edition the real books were all
infringing on copyrights for which they had no license. Furthermore when I was
a kid before the "REAL" books came along they had fake books, and you would
go in and ask the guy to see what he had in stock. He would take a look around to
see who was in the store and then bring you out a stack or maybe not if he was
concerned.

While I think Hal Leonard should be paid for the work they did in purchasing
the rights to the works I don't see a big deal in downloading some backing tracks
which anyone could make with Finale or Sibilius. Particularly since the works in
question had a rather nefarious background

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They should. Not cool man.
Hey don't be mad at me Ericdano. If you feel so strongly on the subject, voice that opinion where it can make a difference. Here you only come of as uptight and not in tune with the times.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You guys are too funny, previous to the 6th edition the real books were all
infringing on copyrights for which they had no license. Furthermore when I was
a kid before the "REAL" books came along they had fake books, and you would
go in and ask the guy to see what he had in stock. He would take a look around to
see who was in the store and then bring you out a stack or maybe not if he was
concerned.

While I think Hal Leonard should be paid for the work they did in purchasing
the rights to the works I don't see a big deal in downloading some backing tracks
which anyone could make with Finale or Sibilius. Particularly since the works in
question had a rather nefarious background
Thanks Jaysz. Well said. I was only trying to use the resources available to me.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
+1 I'm sure Mr. Dano is spotless in the morality department. Aren't we all.

Hey don't be mad at me Ericdano. If you feel so strongly on the subject, voice that opinion where it can make a difference. Here you only come of as uptight and not in tune with the times.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,875 Posts
For that money, I'd just rather just buy Band in a Box because all this guy did was put songs into BIAB and record them. They sound horrible compared to play alongs using real instruments.

Better yet, if you have an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, get the iRealB app. It plays songs back using BIAB and is much cheaper, though will many fewer options than the full version of BIAB.

As far as illegal downloading. It happens, we all know that. I've done it myself. But it still rubs me the wrong way when somebody comes on a public message board and openly solicits help in breaking the law. You want to do it on your own, go ahead. But IMHO, it lowers the reputation of the board to have people asking other posters how to steal things. People usually have enough decorum to not publicly flaunt that they're illegally stealing stuff off the internet.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As far as illegal downloading. It happens, we all know that. I've done it myself. But it still rubs me the wrong way when somebody comes on a public message board and openly solicits help in breaking the law. People usually have enough decorum to not publicly flaunt that they're illegally stealing stuff off the internet.
Ok you've done it yourself, but because you did it out of sight rather than to ask someone for a file to share on forum, that doesn't rub you the wrong way? Sounds like a hyprocrite to me. I could've misunderstood that statement though....

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,875 Posts
Ok you've done it yourself, but because you did it out of sight rather than to ask someone for a file to share on forum, that doesn't rub you the wrong way? Sounds like a hyprocrite to me. I could've misunderstood that statement though....
I was 20 when Napster and file sharing started and before illegal downloading and file sharing became a bigger issues, before we even questioned whether it was morally right or not (seems more obvious in retrospect). I've gotten older and I've matured. I don't steal physical products in real life and I don't steal digital products on the internet. I really hope you're young, you sound like it, and that you too will mature when you get older.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
I don't want this to turn into just another copyright debate. This forum does not advocate nor condone illegal activities. None of us are spotless, but to discuss illegal activities is just plain dumb.

There's some good advice here---pony up and buy BIAB, and make your own backing tracks or buy them legally

View attachment 30122

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.