Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a four digit YAS-52 in. It has the model # and serial in the usual place. It has no markings on the bell. Does anyone know if they were made this way at any point or did they use some kind of decal that might have worn off? It does not appear to have been buffed and relaquered.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Early 62s All 61s all the 21s I've seen - had a purple(ish) ink silk screened logo.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Any that I have seen, except in pictures or on ebay, almost always had at least some of the lettering flaked off, true a lot of the people I saw who had them were into marching with their horns with costumes that were very rough on the finish. I have never seen one in person however that had none of the lettering in tact. Jay.

·
"King In The Castle" & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,665 Posts
The 52 is the same as the 32 - one marketed in the US and Europe the other in Asia.

But, to be sure, these models don't have the purple Yami logo. Jim, normally, the bell should have the "YAMAHA Japan" and "ESTABLISHED IN..." engraved on the bell.

What I have learned is, only because it says Japan on a Yami horn, that does not necessarily mean that it was made in Japan (still made by Yamaha but in USA, Indonesia, or somewhere else). The ones that have the 'MADE IN JAPAN' engraving underneath the model were made in Japan by Yamaha Japan.

·
"King In The Castle" & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,665 Posts
The 52 is the same as the 32 - one marketed in the US and Europe the other in Asia.

But, to be sure, these models don't have the purple Yami logo. Jim, normally, the bell should have the "YAMAHA Japan" and "ESTABLISHED IN..." engraved on the bell.

What I have learned is, only because it says Japan on a Yami horn, that does not necessarily mean that it was made in Japan (still made by Yamaha but in USA, Indonesia, or somewhere else). The ones that have the 'MADE IN JAPAN' engraving underneath the model were made in Japan by Yamaha Japan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts