Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search (to beat Milandro to it!) and see some very old threads on these bass saxes.

Wondering if anyone has any experience more recently with them and how they are?
Sam Ash sells them, which can be a bit worrisome, but sometimes can fit the bill.

Thoughts?

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,878 Posts
My compliments. Well done.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Did a search (to beat Milandro to it!) and see some very old threads on these bass saxes.

Wondering if anyone has any experience more recently with them and how they are?
Sam Ash sells them, which can be a bit worrisome, but sometimes can fit the bill.

Thoughts?
I played one this summer at Sam Ash when I was stuck in NYC after a meeting had spilled over. Very nice ergos and easy to play. I can't really judge the tone since I did not have my MPC with me and had to contend with the one coming with the horn, plus I only had about 20 min to kill. I don't think it would ever reach the "Oceanliner Foghorn" sound of my Conn but it definitely much easier to play and if I had the funds right now, I would consider it. It is a bit on the heavy side and I don't like using the stand for gigs. I would still recommend it, if you don't like it, I'd buy it off you at a discount :headbang::headbang::whistle::whistle::whistle:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts