Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if anyone got one of those?
I ordered mind two weeks ago in a local musoc store we have here.
Humm it s also back order ,maybe next wek,i wil get ut.
The pianist that i play with ,does have one and lend it to me a couple of times.
Pretty nice,t folds like really compact,and also mostly hard plastic.
Once that it is closed,pretty much like a music folder size.
I also like all the esasy position you can get with it!
Only down side,the top section where you put your music does nt swivel side ways.
Regards
Saxobari

·
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
718 Posts
That looks like it would be quite flimsy, especially when folded to its maximum height. But I'd like to be surprised that it is sturdy enough for regular use, and hence order one.

·
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Claxton
It is pretty sturdy,yes the look does give you that impression,but i was surprise myself when i used my friend s one.
I used a two inches thick book,without any problems. I guess if you do have a huge heavy book,it might slide down,but i ll kmow more when i do get mind here.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/ Forum Contributor 2011
2,574 Posts
I have been using one of these for several years. It has been sturdy and reliable. The lip for the desk is too simply short, and thus using it in a traditional scenario where you pull music out of a folder resting on a stand can be problematic. Perhaps newer models have been adjusted, but I can guarantee you that eventually page turns = music on the floor if you have any but the skinniest folder behind your music.

That said, I continue to use mine because the rest of the design has proved absolutely solid.

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
1,146 Posts
Been using one for a year now, very sturdy....folds down fairly compact....mostly use it for a couple of big bands, music stays on it just fine....

·
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been using one of these for several years. It has been sturdy and reliable. The lip for the desk is too simply short, and thus using it in a traditional scenario where you pull music out of a folder resting on a stand can be problematic. Perhaps newer models have been adjusted, but I can guarantee you that eventually page turns = music on the floor if you have any but the skinniest folder behind your music.

That said, I continue to use mine because the rest of the design has proved absolutely solid.
Sounds like you like it!
Great then,
Very treu that the lip is a but narrow,and still is,i don t think modification was made,but very good point!
Regards
Saxobari

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
1,146 Posts
and....today I found out how light it is....big band gig by the bay....wind got pretty strong....had to put one foot on the leg.... :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,134 Posts
I used one for a few years. Ordered it from England and it was expensive. I did love the foldability and the compact size. It’s the quickest music stand to set of any design… Literally takes about 10 seconds. But after a couple of years it won’t hold heavy books anymore. I contacted the company and they told me it’s out of warranty.

·
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like you like it!
Great then,
Very treu that the lip is a but narrow,and still is,i don t think modification was made,but very good point!
Regards
Saxobari
Yesterday i used it again,and that lip where the music goes is still wide enoigh for good thick book.
I understand that maybe after a few years that stand maybe go down by itself like Soybean experienced..
Still is a cool stand.
:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts