Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a picture of Benny Goodman with a rare ligature. Hasn´t screws and seems like is putted into the mouthpiece like elastic, but is metal, and the format is lique antique. I dont know to insert a photo of this rare lig. Silvio[rolleyes]

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,596 Posts
It's a Selmer Magnitone ligature. I have a copy. They are adjustable from Bb Clarinet to Bb Tenor, not sure if it will fit on a Bari piece but I think it might...

Oh Borgani is making a copy of it but I got it from another guy forgot who.... will post back when I get a chance.

·
Registered
584 Posts
It's a Selmer Magnitone ligature. I have a copy. They are adjustable from Bb Clarinet to Bb Tenor, not sure if it will fit on a Bari piece but I think it might...

Oh Borgani is making a copy of it but I got it from another guy forgot who.... will post back when I get a chance.
The Borgani copy sells for about $65 on sax-ccessories.com. They sell in soprano, alto, and tenor sizes in brass, nickel-silver, and bronze. They come in hard rubber and metal sizes...I would order one but I think I'd get the wrong size.

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,204 Posts
In Bennys' day that ligature wasn't all that rare. Lot's of players used them for a while.
They were kind of the "Rovner of the Swing Era".
Once in a while one will come up on ebay, but they're always more than I can afford...

·
Administrator
13,985 Posts
Administrator note.

I removed posts with contact info for the vendor in question at his request. He contacted me and apparently it is causing problems for him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts