Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a trailer with a bunch of scuba diving gear stolen from my neighborhood last November. Got asked to play in a local high school production of Grease. Nothing special, but it's their first musical in ~5 years, and they have a new director who I have known since I was at NC State, so it's a good cause. Come to find out, my saxrax was in the trailer, as were my tenor mouthpieces.
This forum has been an incredible resource of knowledge to me over the years, but more importantly it's been a great way to meet some truly incredible people. I was in a major time crunch, and DavidW threw me a bone and mailed me a couple tenor mouthpieces that would hopefully work for me. He and I have been friends for a decade or so and would never have met if it wasn't for this forum.
I gave Paul Coats a ring who I have also leveraged some knowledge over the years, but he was able to throw me a bone on a replacement saxrax stand to make sure that my horn would be safe throughout this show.

Several other members that I keep in touch with, but I sincerely hope that all of the young players that come on here are able to network with not only some incredible players, but some incredible people.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,126 Posts
Not too sappy. We are some gud peoples.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts