Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you find them at same price and same good condition (2nd hand instruments), which will you prefer? Which sounds better or which is more comfortable (weight, ergonomics...) on your opinion?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,435 Posts
Yanagisawa. Their baritones are great and even the clones of them are great. R&C makes some fine instruments but maybe not of the refinement of the Yana.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Both top pro-level horns. It comes down to your personal preference. If possible, try both to compare.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,133 Posts
Can you really find a pre-owned yanagisawa WO bari? They just came available.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I current play a yanagisawa Bari , and I have tried a Rampone. They are completely different . The ergonomics are very different the neck is much longer on the rampone It’s really like comparing apples with oranges. I traded my Yani tenor for a rampone purely for the sound. The build quality of the rampone is not as good . I guess like others here have stated you need to compare them side by side. If buying online though without comparison then you should buy the yanagisawa. You won’t be disappointed. The out of box set up is excellent.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I excluded the R1jazz... but I recently found another interesting instrument: a mk6 lowA.

So, the new question is:

Yanagisawa B-WO (almost new... just few months of live) or Selmer MK6-lowA (169k)?

I ask the same question adapted with the new actors...

If you find them at a similar price (B-WO and MK6) and same good condition, which will you prefer? Which sounds better or which is more comfortable (weight, ergonomics...) on your opinion? If you can't try both of them, which will be the priotity to try?

I know the magic of the famous Selmer model... but I don't know the Yani and I don't know if the quality/goodness is the same...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ten years ago I got an Selmer Mark VI and sold my Yanagisawa B 901 - the build quality might be the same, but the sound is very different. Not ’better‘ but different. I have tried the WO10 but still prefer the Selmer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts