Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, it seems to be a sopranino.
I've a stright soprano from Rampone & Cazanni probably dated 70-80. Very good horn.
Do you play it ? Or do you want to sell it ?
You will find on this forum lot of dicussions about nino's.
I falled into the nino's and have a straight Yanagizawa Elimona. Nice to keep it into the motorcycle topcase :)

Musical instrument Reed instrument Wind instrument Woodwind instrument Jewellery

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
41,890 Posts
Anyone know much about these? I seem to recall seeing posts previously that it is only more recently that R&C have been making pro level horns.

View attachment 112672 View attachment 112673

I have answered this in another post.

Yes this is the model Se Luxe which was produced along side the cjeaper Super and the more expensive R1 and R1 Jazz until one or two years ago,

Good Horn but not in the same class as the R1 and R1 jazz, they have been discontinued because there was harly any call for these cheaper model

to @Selton 3

No it is not a Sopranino,the one that you quote in the video is a Orsi sopranino, R&C makes (one a year) a curved sopranino, considerably smaller than this

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have answered this in another post.

Yes this is the model Se Luxe which was produced along side the cjeaper Super and the more expensive R1 and R1 Jazz until one or two years ago,

Good Horn but not in the same class as the R1 and R1 jazz, they have been discontinued because there was harly any call for these cheaper model

Information much appreciated. I love how this forum brings this possibility. Amazing!

In the case of this horn I was wondering if it was the real thing why the seller is offering so cheap. I am sure they just want to move it on (its on our national second hand website). But as I said on the other post, it would not be the first time on this site I have come across sellers who were not entirely transparent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts