Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,228 Posts
That's a great musical document! Rahsaan is running it down verbally and musically. I've always been in awe of RRK's wisdom and insight. Thanks for sharing that, Swampcabbage.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,865 Posts
great! Thanks!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
1,526 Posts
Rahsaan... Always wonderful to hear...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
1,526 Posts
BTW, I quit a job to watch Rahsaan on television... No lie... While preparing to leave for work one day, the TV announcer said, 'Rahsaan Roland Kirk to perform on the Today Show this morning...' I stayed home... never liked that job anyway! Hey, I was 20 years old and had my priorities!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,679 Posts
Back in the day, a bunch of us "Hippies" hopped in our VW buses etc and trekked to Worcester, MA to see Rahsaan. When he started the tune "Serenade to a Cuckoo", someone blurted out ,"Ooh, Ian Anderson!". Rahsaan was not amused...stopped right then and "ran it down" as to who had in fact written the tune.

Intense show from a true Genius...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,431 Posts
There is a guy who knew how to kick ***.

Nice post, Mr. Cabbage

·
Registered
538 Posts
What's with the chair at the 37min mark in video one?A blind guy destroying a portable chair on stage in front of a live TV audience.Free jazz with bass,drums,piano,tambourines and whistle for 3mins as he destroys his red collapsible chair on stage,even pulls a blade out of his bag and cuts the vinyl.The chair is a metaphor for his position in society?Music for a riot? *** I'd be interested in any interpretation of what that is about,I have a feeling it will stay in my mind for a while,whatever it was!
Nice find Swampcabbage.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,865 Posts
this was the end of the '60, he wasn't the only one doing things like this

and later on too..........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts