Sax on the Web Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
I honestly don’t know about the diameters. I have one of the marbled ones with the metal band around the end. Are they the same diameter as the black ones?

·
Registered
921 Posts
This is what I use on a maestra.

I also have an older two screw vandoren which fits. ( version with screws on top )
My mistake, and I hope I haven’t caused confusion. Sorry.

I am not using a bass clarinet ligature!!!!!

I am using either a selmer two screw, or a vandoren inverted two screw. Both are for tenor sax.

Both fit my Navarro maestra fine.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Unfortunately mine doesn’t fit much well, ligature-wise. I definitely want to find something. Like I said, I have something that kind of works but I would definitely prefer an alternate ligature. And I should preface non-stretch ligature. Not interested in Rovner’s. They are a waste of money and sound in my opinion.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I use a Borgani Flexitone on my Navarro Maestra - it fits perfect.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Can someone share info about how some of his metal mouthpieces say made in the USA on them. Quin is selling them on flea bay.

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Can someone share info about how some of his metal mouthpieces say made in the USA on them. Quin is selling them on flea bay.
What are you asking? I would assume they say "Made in the USA" because they are made in the USA and Rafael decided to put that on the mouthpieces........

·
Registered
395 Posts
As a note, on the metal BBS a 404 works fine, on the HR Bop Boy. The Boston Sax Shop lig works and so did the Selmer HR Ishimori. Posting this more so people have access to the info, as I had a hard time finding it.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I think we're all "probably agreed" that sourcing a Rafael Navarro is a PITA. Does somebody know what tip opening scale he employs? eg: is an 8 the same as an Otto Link 8 for example

·
Registered
921 Posts
I think we're all "probably agreed" that sourcing a Rafael Navarro is a PITA. Does somebody know what tip opening scale he employs? eg: is an 8 the same as an Otto Link 8 for example
I dont know the official measurements, but I have a Maestra and a Florida STM in a 7* opening.
To me, they feel the same tip opening.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I dont know the official measurements, but I have a Maestra and a Florida STM in a 7* opening.
To me, they feel the same tip opening.
thanks - that's a start and something I was thinking but I wanted to be more sure.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Well... I wish it were consistent... I have an 8 that measures .113 (and plays like it) and a 7* that measures around a .104 and plays like it is closer to a link 7. I know Matt Marantz and Brian Powell were finishing some of these years ago and there seem to be some differences. I’m actually going to have Matt look at mine here soon.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I discovered RN tenor pieces to be 8 = .110" and a 8* =.115"

21 - 34 of 34 Posts