Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are Navarro mouthpieces still being made? I haven't seen any on Ebay except the AR Bahia for a few months I think. I've been looking for a HR bebop special for a while but don't see any new ones being produced. Rafael doesn't respond to emails, his website is down and he doesn't post on Facebook that I can see. Hope he is ok..........

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Steve, "quinntheeskimo" was selling a BOATLOAD of them a few months ago. You might try contacting him via eBay. Other than that, I have no idea.
Hope all's well with you!

J.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,892 Posts
Steve, "quinntheeskimo" was selling a BOATLOAD of them a few months ago. You might try contacting him via eBay. Other than that, I have no idea.

J.
That’s not a good sign. He tends to buy out inventory from closed up music shops and other companies...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
5,271 Posts
Another great mouthpiece maker falling victim to his or her own success. This is happening way to often.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
That’s not a good sign. He tends to buy out inventory from closed up music shops and other companies...

Not sure about that. "Quinn" also sells many Theo Wanne 'pieces and I don't believe Theo is going titz up.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,892 Posts
Not sure about that. "Quinn" also sells many Theo Wanne 'pieces and I don't believe Theo is going titz up.
He carries a lot of stuff, new and closeout.

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

J.
He seems to only have a few Bahia AR piece over the last couple of months. No other models that I can see.......

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
He seems to only have a few Bahia AR piece over the last couple of months. No other models that I can see.......
Yup, you're right. Still might be worth your time sending him a message tho. Just because he doesn't have them listed doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have any.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Quinn buys Navarro's pieces from him in a big lot then sells them on his site and Ebay. Rafael is still making pieces. Also, I was going to help him with his communications but that got interrupted by life stuff. Perhaps I'll pick that up with him in the future. I'm sure you can still order a piece from him and have it made.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Iv'e tried contacting Navarro via email as the latest I heard his new website was supposed to be up and running in July of this year, but that definitely does not seem to be the case. I have a good friend of mine that just picked up a AR hard rubber from Quinn and it's a fantastic mouthpiece in every respect. If I am ever looking for a hard rubber mouthpiece, that will definitely be what I will be looking for. One of the best hard rubber pieces I have played as well. Projection, warmth and the lower register is dangerous

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a Navarro 'Bob Mintzer' Bebop Special, Hard Rubber (well not metal). The diameter of the body is very large. I have one, beginning to fail, very large ligature that fits it. Does someone know what model commercial ligature fits that piece?
By the way. It's a terrific mouthpiece.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I have a Navarro 'Bob Mintzer' Bebop Special, Hard Rubber (well not metal). The diameter of the body is very large. I have one, beginning to fail, very large ligature that fits it. Does someone know what model commercial ligature fits that piece?
By the way. It's a terrific mouthpiece.

I use an Ishimori, FL pure brass or ultimate for my Bop Boy. Those are the only logs I’ve found outside of bass clarinet ligatures that fit.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks, Saxyjare01. I assume it would need the 'extra large' version of Francois Louis ligatures. I have to say, I'm not in the mood to spend a lot of money on a ligature. Does anybody know of a brand and model of simple 2 screw or better yet, reverse single screw ligature that fits that really large mouthpiece?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Thanks, Saxyjare01. I assume it would need the 'extra large' version of Francois Louis ligatures. I have to say, I'm not in the mood to spend a lot of money on a ligature. Does anybody know of a brand and model of simple 2 screw or better yet, reverse single screw ligature that fits that really large mouthpiece?
I’d try a selmer two-screw bass clarinet ligature.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks forumites. I have one bass clarinet ligature but it is too large. I don't know how it would compare to other bass clarinet ligatures. Does any one know if the HR 'Bebop Special' is the same diameter as the 'Bop Boy'? . I have the Mintzer 'Bebop Special".

1 - 20 of 34 Posts