Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought two Rampone & Cazzani horns for interest. Alto and tenor De Luxe model. I assume that made in 1970s (serial numbers: 02XXX and 06XXX). Ring between bell and body, nickel plated keywork. Saxophones need good repair (dents, oxidation etc.). Therefore, I will slowly restore these horns. Question to the owners of such model (De Luxe). When I disassembled these saxophones, I noticed that the bell was not evenly soldered. This is strange, because such soldering is present both on the alto and the tenor... Therefore, the question. Is it a constructive technological feature or manufacturing/assembly defect ? The photos clearly show that such soldering will tilt the bell towards the body.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Gas Health care Rim

Automotive lighting Gas Circle Personal protective equipment Metal

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both saxophones have similar defects in the area of the ring (it is slightly indented to the body). This is also the reason for the slight tilt of the bell towards the body (together with hypothetical influence bad soldering between the bell and the bow). But I want to know the opinion of the owners of such model. Do they really have the same picture...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts