Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum. Play a silver coated R&C R1 Jazz. Very nice horn w/wonderful sound IMO. Few questions:
1. I play w/horn between legs (long torso). Moving the support clip for neck strap, will it damage the horn. The support clip appears to have been located to be played off your right leg, thus it lays "goofy" when played as I do.

2. Having difficulty w/high E thru F# keys. Play a Couf Superba I for 27-years w/o any issue in the upper register.

Thank you for your assistance

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
Samg: Welcome to SOTW. I recently sold an R&C silver alto. I had no difficulty holding the horn between my legs OR alongside my right leg. I don't know what to tell you about that - but I'd make sure I tried everything (like putting up with it or after-market strap-hook accessories) before I moved that hook.

As far as the upper register goes, same thing. Mine played top to bottom with no problems (as do seven altos I still own). Maybe a technician should take a look at your R&C to make sure it is tight (no leaks). Or, maybe a different mouthpiece would work better on this horn. DAVE

1 - 2 of 2 Posts