Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After about 6 months of searching, I finally got my hands on a Selmer Spirit 210 alto mouthpiece. I had been really interested in trying one as it seems like one of the very few 'jazz' specific mouthpieces from the Selmer brand and I was intrigued when I learned that they were going for a Meyer Bros copy with their design.
I'll try to keep this short - it blew me away! The small chamber gave it a similar feel to the Vandoren V16 S chamber pieces, but it was definitely a good bit darker with slightly less sizzle. Didn't have as much projection as the V16 but really felt like a killer small chamber vintage meyer. I would highly recommend these to anyone looking for a great playing meyer-based mouthpiece at a price point that's reasonable compared to where the market is at currently for vintage Meyers.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It's a great mpc. I've played it (210 opening) exclusively since 2014. Free blowing, on the bright side, maintains tone at all registers; it sings.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a great mpc. I've played it (210 opening) exclusively since 2014. Free blowing, on the bright side, maintains tone at all registers; it sings.
Forgot about this thread! Might try to get my hands on the 184 tip size. Miss how that thing played

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
1,988 Posts
It's definitely not a Meyer copy... nor a Meyer-style mouthpiece.

It's a kind of "V5 Jazz" copy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts