Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Walt Johnson tenor cases will fit a Buffet Crampon Paris Super Dynaction tenor sax? Thanks!

Sulyen

·
Registered
268 Posts
For what it's worth, I have a WJ tenor case that fits my Mark VI like a glove, I'll be able to tell you in a week if it fits a SDA tenor ;)

·
Registered
268 Posts
I just checked it out, it's close to fitting, but not quite. The problem appear to be the LH palm keys, which are just a little bit large. I bet that with a hammer the foam could be pushed in so as to make room, but I didn't want to test it since this case fits my other tenor well and I don't plan to put the SDA in it.

If you're really looking for a WJ case for an SDA, you could probably call them directly and have one custom made, though you'd be paying full retail price.

·
Musician and Composer
513 Posts
AmSaxPlayer said:
If you're really looking for a WJ case for an SDA, you could probably call them directly and have one custom made, though you'd be paying full retail price.
You'd also be certain that not only will it fit your horn, but it will be an ACTUAL Walt Johnson, not one of the knock-offs or rejects that seem to be showing up on the marketplace (not SOTW specific) of late.

WJ is superior to most cases on the market (although, not the only good case), but if you're looking for one, you probably already know that. You may also want to investigate the BAM Softpack cases. I know many people who have and love those. Sufficient protection (for most people) and much lighter than the WJ (mine weighs a TON!)

YMMV.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I had a BAM Softpack case and liked it alot, and I probably will pick up another one in the future. What I'm also considering is ordering a Hixcox from England, I've heard only good things from owners, and it'd cost around the same as a WJ case.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AmSaxPlayer,

Thanks for looking into this for me. I'll have to email WJ re the cost of getting a case customized for the SDA. The BAM Trekker case also interests me and I have a source on those that I would guess is cheaper than customizing a Walt.
Thanks again!

Sulyen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts